[App_rpt-users] More - Replacing an IRLP node with App-rpt node

Matt Beasant g4rky at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 8 09:11:18 UTC 2009

Right, thats got that bit sorted. Now for my next challenge.....
The original IRLP node had an inactivity timeout that would tear down any
connection that was not specifically set up to be permanent.

How could I achieve this on my app_rpt node?

My problem is that I have a rogue user who connects to the WIN system late
at night as he likes to listen in (!!!) I dont mind as the repeater is
usually very quiet anyway at this time of night. Problem is he falls asleep
( I guess ) and doesn't disconnect the node from the reflector.

Then in the morning a local QSO gets going on the local repeater and bam, we
get blocked from the WIN system - and I don't blame them either!

Anyone got any ideas?

I totally cracked my news and clock setting problems now and it rocks!

Thanks,

Matt
G4RKY