[App_rpt-users] app_rpt as a controller (duplex=2)

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Sat Apr 11 12:50:50 UTC 2009

Hi Steve and all;

I have setup node 2424 with app_rpt acting as the controller (so direct
interface between the fob and the rptr); a couple of observations /
questions:

1.  I can't seem to change the frequency (pitch) or speed of the CW
ident.  I have the following in the morse stanza in rpt.conf:

[morse]

speed=30                ; Approximate speed in WPM
frequency=500           ; Morse Telemetry Frequency
amplitude=4096          ; Morse Telemetry Amplitude
; idfrequency=500
idfrequency=500        ; Morse ID Frequency
idamplitude=1024        ; Morse ID Amplitude

Is this a known issue or am I missing something?

2.  Courtesy tones:

(a) When a remote link finishes transmitting, there is no courtesy tone.
    I believe the following line specifies the c'tone for the remote:

remotetx=|t(1633,0,50,3000)(0,0,80,0)(1209,0,50,3000)

Do we need to specify / enable the remotetx somewhere?

(b) Is the time delay between the drop of a carrier and the beginning of
the c'tone (when using the repeater in local mode) variable? - the delay
seems to be quite long.

3.  PL tone:

In usbradio.conf I have the following:

txtoctype=notone ; notone - encode CTCSS and stop sending tone before
unkeying TX

Is the time between the end of PL and drop of carrier variable (to avoid
squelch crashes on non-commercial aka amateur radios!)

Thanks!

Ramesh.