[App_rpt-users] Asterisk and Echolink no direct connected radio

Todd Birkenholtz birkey at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 17:52:20 UTC 2009

Fellow Hams and PBX tinkerer's

I want to provide a auto-patch and a repeater dial-in for our club repeater
using my existing home Asterisk PBX in a Flash setup.
Our club repeater is connected to Echolink so I was thinking about creating
a Echolink node on my server that users could link to then I would allow an
outbound call.
On the reverse I would like to provide a repeater dial-in number that would
route through my Asterisk server to our club's node via Echolink. Keeping in
mind at no time does my Asterisk server actually communicates with a radio
directly it is just acting as a Echolink gateway.

I have been experimenting with ACID but it appears the radio/usb driver is
preventing Asterisk from loading without a actual usb radio connected. If I
noload=chan_usbradio in the modules.conf file then Asterisk appears to load
but I am still having problems with refrence to it in my rpt.config file.

I have been able to configure a Echolink connection but I cant send audio to
the connected node when the remote station connects but the
Asterisk debug indicates it is.
Does anybody have a working Echolink node that they would like to share
their iax,echolink,rpt and extensions config file with me.

Thanks for your help.

73
Todd Birkenholtz W0IOU