[App_rpt-users] Non-ACID Install

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Sun Aug 16 22:58:11 UTC 2009

Tim Sawyer wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to both Asterisk and app_rpt. So I thought I'd learn a bit
> about Asterisk before jumping into app_rpt. I got my Asterisk system
> installed (from source) on CentOS 5.3 this weekend with the help of
> the O'Reilly Asterisk book and the documentation for the TDM410. I
> have a small dial plan working with the TDM410 and two FXS and two FXO
> ports. "ComedianMail" is working too. Pretty cool stuff!
>
> So my question is this. Is it recommended to install the ACID CD and
> wipe out my hard work, or can I use my existing installation for
> app_rpt? And would the folks here on the list mind if I ask questions
> pertaining to installing in this environment?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Tim, WD6AWP
> :wq

The biggest snag is that the Digium sources do not contain all of the
patches required to properly run app_rpt. Getting patches submitted and
approved by Digium developers takes a long time these days, and frankly
we have to focus our efforts on app_rpt and the channel drivers and not
get too caught up with Asterisk.

If you are used to compiling from sources, you could download our
asterisk version with all of the required fixes (i.e. the files.tar.gz
file). and unpack it in /usr/src, then look at the phase1.sh and
phase2.sh scripts for ideas on what dependencies are required.

Steve
WA6ZFT