[App_rpt-users] EchoLink Levels

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Fri Aug 21 03:06:39 UTC 2009

Tim Sawyer wrote:
> I'm changing these values but they don't seem to change the audio
> levels. I put these two lines in my rpt.conf under the node stanza and
> restart Asterisk. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong.
>
> --
> Tim
> :wq
>
> On Aug 20, 2009, at 12:07 PM, Tim Sawyer wrote:
>
> Sorry for the post.... I just found this on the web site:
>
> . . .
> erxgain=-3.0 ; defaults to -3.0 db
> etxgain=3.0 ; defaults to 3.0 db
> . . . .
>
> --
> Tim
> :wq
>
> On Aug 20, 2009, at 7:37 AM, Tim Sawyer wrote:
>
> I used the audio adjust howto to set my levels and the repeater sounds
> reasonable. But Echolink RX audio is very low and Echolink users say
> my TX audio is high. I'm using chan_echolink. Is there a way to adjust
> the Echolink levels?
>
> --
> Tim, WD6AWP
> :wq

If you are using ACID, then your problem is most likely a downrev
version of app_rpt.c Echolink gain adjustments require app_rpt.c version
0.179 or later. The stock version of ACID has  contains version 0.174.

You can manually update app_rpt be using the procedure updated here:

http://app-rpt.qrvc.com/node/29

BTW, the gain settings go in the node stanza in rpt.conf.

Steve
WA6ZFT