[App_rpt-users] Distorted Audio

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Sat Aug 22 01:41:10 UTC 2009

Tim Sawyer wrote:
> All sources of audio, recorded voices, local repeat audio, echolink,
> and IRLP all sound the same. There is distortion on the audio peaks.
> My deviation is set correctly (I have a service monitor) and the
> distortion is there even with the dev turned way down. Is this a know
> problem with URI's or just the nature of the beast?
>
> --
> Tim
> :wq

Sounds like the output level is too high and overdriving your TX!

Did you set the TX levels using the procedure?

Did you look at the  TX audio line coming out ot he URU with a scope for
evidence of distortion?

Lowering the deviation in the TX won't fix the problem if stages prior
to it are overdriven.

Steve
WA6ZFT