[App_rpt-users] rpt_extnodes not updating...

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Sat Aug 22 18:37:18 UTC 2009

James Nessen wrote:
> And just to add..
>
> I updated rc.updatenodelist on my ACID based install to use nodes1-4
> and my -temp file went away, and was replaced with a freshly dated
> rpt_extnodes file.
>
> Jim
>
> On Aug 22, 2009, at 10:48 AM, James Nessen wrote:
>
>> I think I found the issue..
>>
>> rc.updatenodelist on my limey linux machine looks at:
>>
>> SUBDOMAINS="nodes1 nodes2 nodes3 nodes4"
>>
>> whereas on an acid install it looks at:
>>
>> SUBDOMAINS="nodes1"
>>
>> running the command manually on my ACID based install gives me:
>>
>> [root at asterisk-2144 asterisk]# wget http://nodes1.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/nodes.pl
>> --10:50:14--  http://nodes1.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/nodes.pl
>> Resolving nodes1.allstarlink.org... 209.134.25.160
>> Connecting to nodes1.allstarlink.org|209.134.25.160|:80... connected.
>> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 500 Internal Server Error
>> 10:50:14 ERROR 500: Internal Server Error.
>>
>> So, maybe an issue with this nodes1 server?
>>
>> Jim, K6JWN

>>> rpt_extnodes-temp should never show up. And the fact that it is 0
>>> length
>>> indicates that it is likely that the resolver on your node may be
>>> inoperative. Check to make sure FQDN's resolve on these systems.
>>>
>>> Steve
>>> WA6ZFT

Jim,

You are abolutely correct: nodes1.allstarlink.org is having issues.

This little script file can be used to see what nodes servers are up and
running:

#! /bin/sh

TOPDOMAIN=allstarlink.org
WGET=`which wget`
$WGET  -O - http://$1.$TOPDOMAIN/cgi-bin/nodes.pl

Pass to it an argument for the specific nodes server you wish to test
(i.e. nodes1, nodes2).

For all acid users, I recommend they edit the rc.updatenodeslist and
make sure nodes2.allstarlink.org is specified in addition to
nodes1.allstarlink.org like this:

SUBDOMAINS="nodes1 nodes2"

ACID gets rc.updatenodelist from files.tar.gz in the allstar directory,
and copies it to /etc/rc.d/rc.updatenodelist during installation. This
is a different file than what limey linux uses. I since updated the file
in SVN to include nodes2, but all the existing systems will
not see this update as the script is already installed.

Steve
WA6ZFT