[App_rpt-users] Archivedir function - activity recording help

Matt Beasant g4rky at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Aug 22 22:52:28 UTC 2009

2009/8/22 Stephen Rodgers <sales at qrvc.com>

> Matt Beasant wrote:
> > OK here's what happens.....
> > rpt.conf Duplex=1
> > Any signals going from App_rpt to the radio get recorded. A WAV file gets
> > created in the archive directory and the outgoing audio is recorded.
> > Any signals that come in on the radio, going towards App_rpt do not get
> > recorded. A WAV file gets created but when played back there is no audio.
> >
> > rpt.conf Duplex=3
> > Is the same.
> >
> > I think the duplex setting in usbradio.conf will make the setup record
> audio
> > in both directions if full duplex is set to 1 but I cant operate the
> system
> > in full duplex here as previously described.
> >
> > Thanks for your help guys,
> >
> > Matt
> > G4RKY

> >> This may be broken on simplex nodes. Please reverify it still works in
> >> duplex mode by setting duplex=2 and temporarily opening the PTT line to
> >> the transmitter on your simplex radio.
> >>
> >> Steve
> >> WA6ZFT
> >>

> You should try duplex=1 in usbradio.conf and verify that. All the duplex
> setting in usbradio.conf does is allow the cpu time to be reduced when a
> system is set up for half-duplex in app_rpt. Setting duplex=1 in
> usbradio.conf and setting duplex=0 in app_rpt should still result in
> half-duplex operation.
>
> It really sounds like recording with any mode is broken, but I'd try
> duplex=2 in rpt.conf and duplex=1 in usbradio.conf and see what results
> there. If it is broken everywhere vs. just with a few configurations is
> very useful to know.
>
> Either way, once you have determined that where it works and doesn't
> work its probably time to log the bug in Mantis with all of the findings.
>
> BTW: Always bottom post on the mailing list. It makes the thread easier
> to read.
>

> Steve
> WA6ZFT

Yes, you are of course correct Steve!  Funny cos this used to work!

It looks like it is broken in all modes but slightly differently when
rpt.conf duplex=0. Se below....

usbradio duplex=1 rpt.conf duplex=0
Now I have tested with the config you described above, the system does not
create a file for radio RX signals going into the URI. However a file gets
created and audio recorded for anything going out from the URI and on to the
radio's TX.

usbradio duplex=1 rpt.conf duplex=1,2,3,4
A file gets created but no audio is recorded except a click at the end for
signals coming in to the URI from the radio.
Tx signals leaving the URI to the radio are recorded normally.

I'll put this on Mantis now..

Thanks Steve,

Matt