[App_rpt-users] Archivedir function - activity recording help

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Sat Aug 22 23:47:55 UTC 2009

Matt Beasant wrote:
> 2009/8/22 Stephen Rodgers <sales at qrvc.com>
>
>> Matt Beasant wrote:
>>> OK here's what happens.....
>>> rpt.conf Duplex=1
>>> Any signals going from App_rpt to the radio get recorded. A WAV file gets
>>> created in the archive directory and the outgoing audio is recorded.
>>> Any signals that come in on the radio, going towards App_rpt do not get
>>> recorded. A WAV file gets created but when played back there is no audio.
>>>
>>> rpt.conf Duplex=3
>>> Is the same.
>>>
>>> I think the duplex setting in usbradio.conf will make the setup record
>> audio
>>> in both directions if full duplex is set to 1 but I cant operate the
>> system
>>> in full duplex here as previously described.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help guys,
>>>
>>> Matt
>>> G4RKY

>> You should try duplex=1 in usbradio.conf and verify that. All the duplex
>> setting in usbradio.conf does is allow the cpu time to be reduced when a
>> system is set up for half-duplex in app_rpt. Setting duplex=1 in
>> usbradio.conf and setting duplex=0 in app_rpt should still result in
>> half-duplex operation.
>>
>> It really sounds like recording with any mode is broken, but I'd try
>> duplex=2 in rpt.conf and duplex=1 in usbradio.conf and see what results
>> there. If it is broken everywhere vs. just with a few configurations is
>> very useful to know.
>>
>> Either way, once you have determined that where it works and doesn't
>> work its probably time to log the bug in Mantis with all of the findings.
>>
>> BTW: Always bottom post on the mailing list. It makes the thread easier
>> to read.
>>

>> Steve
>> WA6ZFT
>>

> Yes, you are of course correct Steve!  Funny cos this used to work!
>
> It looks like it is broken in all modes but slightly differently when
> rpt.conf duplex=0. Se below....
>
> usbradio duplex=1 rpt.conf duplex=0
> Now I have tested with the config you described above, the system does not
> create a file for radio RX signals going into the URI. However a file gets
> created and audio recorded for anything going out from the URI and on to the
> radio's TX.
>
> usbradio duplex=1 rpt.conf duplex=1,2,3,4
> A file gets created but no audio is recorded except a click at the end for
> signals coming in to the URI from the radio.
> Tx signals leaving the URI to the radio are recorded normally.
>
> I'll put this on Mantis now..
>
> Thanks Steve,
>
> Matt

Hi Matt,

I see the bug in mantis, please add a note to that bug with the
following additional info--

1. Note the faulty version of app_rpt you tested with in mantis

2. Please verify if it is broken in the latest version of app_rpt.c
(version 0.197 8/13/2009) To compile a new version of app_rpt,
refer to the procedure here:

http://app-rpt.qrvc.com/node/29

Steve
WA6ZFT