[App_rpt-users] Device usb currently not active

Paul pjgjunk at comcast.net
Sun Dec 13 04:54:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

(Sorry if you receive this message more than once, the first two bounced.)

I am new to asterisk and ROIP.  I am trying to set up a test system for
evaluation.  I purchased 2 USB sound adapters that claim to be CM108 but I
have NOT tried to modify them yet.

I completed the installation, and connected the USB device when instructed.

When I type radio tune I get the following:

test*CLI> radio tune
Active radio interface is [usb]
Device String is
Card is -1
Output A is currently set to composite.
Output B is currently set to off.
Tx Voice Level currently set to 500
Tx Tone Level currently set to 200
Rx Squelch currently set to 725
Usage: radio tune <function>
       rxnoise
       rxvoice
       rxtone
       rxsquelch [newsetting]
       txvoice [newsetting]
       txtone [newsetting]
       auxvoice [newsetting]
       save (settings to tuning file)
       load (tuning settings from EEPROM)
       All [newsetting]'s are values 0-999

When I type radio tune rxnoise I get:

test*CLI> radio tune rxnoise

Device usb currently not active		<- Note: device usb  not active
test*CLI> radio active usb		Tried this, still not active

test*CLI> radio tune rxnoise

Device usb currently not active         How do I make it active?

[root at test asterisk]# lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0c76:1607 JMTek, LLC.
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

Is this because I have not modified the USB fob?

Or, is it because it is not really a CM108?

Is it possible to tell in software if it is a CM108?

Thanks for your help,

Paul