[App_rpt-users] Device usb currently not active

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Sun Dec 13 10:58:59 UTC 2009

>I am new to asterisk and ROIP.  I am trying to set up a test system for
>evaluation.  I purchased 2 USB sound adapters that claim to be CM108
but I
>have NOT tried to modify them yet.

I am new too, but thought I would answer since there is not much on
this topic and it is one I am interested in.

I am just starting up a new linux system here with an old Dell 2650
server PC. My USB fobs do not seem to work with the ports on the back
of the machine (one did, sort-of, briefly). On the front of the machine
3 of the 4 fobs work.

If you pry off the covers, sometimes you can read the chip number
my CM108 devices were in fact CM109's
However, while 3 of them were in molded chip packages, one of them is
in a "blob" with no discernable markings.

On plug-in, the three that work say: ID 0d8c:000c C-Media Electronics,
Inc Audio Adapter
The one that does not work says:  ID 0c76:1607 JMTek, LLC
So it may be that the problem is not the 108 versus 109 but rather the
vendor.

By work, I mean the green light comes on and then starts flashing. If I
have CLI running I get a "notice" about no EPROM installed - which is
correct. The TUNE routine runs.

By not work, I mean that the green light just stays on and the TUNE
routine returns a no active fob message.

If you look into the usbradio C code, the program is looking for the
C-Media vendor and product ID. Not sure what would happen if you went
into the code and changed the numbers so that they match the JMTek. It
might get you going. Let everyone know, if you do.

GL
Ken

The JMTek  one has the peculiar characteristic of flashing the red
light really brightly when powered up.