[App_rpt-users] FW: Device usb currently not active

Paul pjgjunk at comcast.net
Mon Dec 14 07:27:54 UTC 2009

Hi again,

This is a follow up to my earlier message.

The JMTek, LLC. fob uses a SSS1623 IC. Not the CM108 that it claims.

A schematic is available at
http://www.power-on.com.tw/PRODUCT/USB-AUDIO/SSS1623%20product%20spec%20Ver%
201.02.pdf

I changed the define statement in chan_usbradio.c to match the JMTek chip
and I get a blinking light and I can pass tone using the radio tune txvoice
command.

However, this does not address the COR and PTT requirement.  The SSS1623
chip does have GPIO control pins but on the fob I have they do not appear to
be brought out to the board.

If you have a fob with a discrete chip on it you may be able to get to these
pins. But it may also require a new device type be added to chan_usbradio.c
and usbradio.conf.

Does anyone know a reliable source for the CM108 fobs?

Regards,
Paul