[App_rpt-users] Packages in Limey Linux D201GLY2

Dale J. Robertson dale at nap.us.com
Sat Jul 4 22:27:53 UTC 2009

Re: makeinfo
the first time this happened I did exactly as you described. I invoked
the makeinfo command and installed the package specified in the error
(Texinfo). Now when I invoke makeinfo from the command line i get a
'parameter missing' error as I would expect. However, the build script
still tells me that I have no makeinfo!
And yes I know that cpp is the preprocessor and has nothing to do with
C++. I also know that it exists on the LL box.
As far as compiling the app directly on the LL box:
What appears to be the root cause of the configuration failure is the
absence of a kernel limits.h file.
 when I remark out the "# include <linux/limits.h>" line in the file
/usr/include/bits/local_lim.h  the ./configuration command completes
without errors.
Running a make nets a couple of  'unused variable' warnings before
bailing out with 6 'dereferencing pointer to incomplete type' errors.
my assumption is that the type is defined in the missing file.
73
Dale NV8U