[App_rpt-users] Packages in Limey Linux D201GLY2

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Sun Jul 5 03:25:57 UTC 2009

Dale J. Robertson wrote:
> Re: makeinfo
> the first time this happened I did exactly as you described. I invoked
> the makeinfo command and installed the package specified in the error
> (Texinfo). Now when I invoke makeinfo from the command line i get a
> 'parameter missing' error as I would expect. However, the build script
> still tells me that I have no makeinfo!
> And yes I know that cpp is the preprocessor and has nothing to do with
> C++. I also know that it exists on the LL box.
> As far as compiling the app directly on the LL box:
> What appears to be the root cause of the configuration failure is the
> absence of a kernel limits.h file.
>  when I remark out the "# include <linux/limits.h>" line in the file
> /usr/include/bits/local_lim.h  the ./configuration command completes
> without errors.
> Running a make nets a couple of  'unused variable' warnings before
> bailing out with 6 'dereferencing pointer to incomplete type' errors.
> my assumption is that the type is defined in the missing file.
> 73
> Dale NV8U
>

> Stephen Rodgers wrote:
>> Dale J. Robertson wrote:
>>
>>> No Joy,
>>> ./configure bails out with;
>>> checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
>>> configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
>>> See `config.log' for more details.
>>>
>>> seems like it is looking for /lib/cpp and it just isn't there.
>>>
>>> to add insult to injury, it seems like Ubuntu 9.04 won't build Limey
>>> Linux either.
>>> I decided to try a build without changes just to see. the build script
>>> can not find or run 'makeinfo'
>>>
>>> 73
>>> Dale NV8U

>> CPP has nothing to do with C++ and everything to do with the C
>> preprocessor. Did you take a look at the config.log as it asked? You
>> might be able to tweak the configure script to avoid this error.
>>
>> BTW: I'm using ubuntu 8.10 to do all the development work, but Ubuntu
>> 9.04 is probably OK as well (never tested it though).  Makeinfo is a
>> package you need to install. Type it at the CLI and ubuntu might tell
>> you how to install it. There will be other packages you will probably
>> find out you need as well.
>>

>> Steve
>> WA6ZFT
>>

>> Steve
>> WA6ZFT

Another tidbit of information:

On the limey linux target,  limits.h is not there initially, (limits.h
is part of kdev package and not present after boot is completed) but is
loaded in when Asterisk is compiled in the master Makefile in /usr/src,
as it is required for it to compile properly as well. So you might try
then try to run configure again on on a virgin copy of socat.

Steve
WA6ZFT