[App_rpt-users] radio tune

Eagle Link Customer Service services at eaglelink.net
Sun Jul 19 22:49:50 UTC 2009

Ok, I'm having sme trouble tuning the rxnoise, but I think I know why.  I'm
using a Motoroa Radius setup, and although the accessory pin output is
discriminator, It is muted with the squelch on the radio.  Does anybdy know
a way around this?  Is there a way to keep that pin from being muted?  The
ther option, which I can't seem to find info on, is simply using the cor
pin.  How would I go about configuring a node for COR.  And my last dumb
question...  For the moment I'm trying to set this up without alstarlink.
How should I set this up so it's not trying to connect to allstarink?  Ok,
now for the background of the setup because I know people are going to ask.
I'm using the ACID install with a modified CM108 USB device.  I hooked the
device up to a Windows PC to test the audio.  I could indeed hear (by
raising the MIC volume all the way up) audio from the radio, but no noise
when there is no transmission.  That's how I know it's muted with the
squelch on the radio.  I could also play a sund clip I recorded over the
radio if I held the PTT key on the mic.  So I know the audio is all working.
And in asterisk CLI I did "radio tune txvoice" and the radio keyed up
perfectly fine and transmitted the tone.  So all I have left is to figure
out how to get the raw unsquelched noise, or use the COR line from the
radio.  As for the radio, if there are any motorola peple here, I d have the
software and a home made cable that works.  So I have gone into the
accessory config and changed the pin setup to fit my needs.  Figured I'd
throw that in before anybody asks.  If you get a used radiio you never know
what the last person did with the config.

Thanks,
Jeff