[App_rpt-users] iGoLogic i3386G

Jim Richardson wa1sot at pcom.com
Tue Jun 2 03:39:12 UTC 2009

> A source tarball with the i3386g selection hasn't been made and uploaded
> yet, but it is in the SVN tree.
>
> Why do you feel compelled to go through the trouble of compiling limey
> from sources? Source complilation poorly documented mainly due to the
> fact there's a limited audience, and there are more interesting things
> for me to spend my time on.
>
> The latest 1.0.7 sources can be viewed with viewvc:
>
> http://qrvc.com/viewvc/projects/allstar/limey-linux/trunk/?root=svn
>
> and downloaded from svn:
>
> svn co svn://qrvc.com/projects/allstar/limey-linux/trunk
>

> Steve
> WA6ZFT

To answer your question I want to compile limey from source so I can
become familiar with building a custom CF image for these systems.  I
bought several of them and have some projects planned for them where I
would like to add some utility software like mkfs so I can build a file
system on the CF.  I had to boot ubuntu from cd-rom to mkfs the CF because
although fsck was present, mkfs was not available on the CF image I
downloaded.  I do not want to be stuck always asking for help as I realize
that you and the others on the list have more interesting things to spend
time on.  I also want to be able to contribute back to the group any
additions I might make to the software that might be of interest to the
group.  I have checked out the software and I am building the CF image
now.

Thank you for your help,
Jim WA1SOT