[App_rpt-users] How to prevent incoming connections

Matt Beasant g4rky at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 7 17:47:27 UTC 2009

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for the reply, here's how I play the news over the repeater.

I record the files the night before and save them to the node as an .au
file, then just use a root cron to call a bash script which contains the
following:

/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "rpt fun 2250 *6"   ; disconnect all connections
sleep 6
/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "rpt fun 2250 *947" ; reset the link activity timer
flag
sleep 3
/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "rpt playback 2250 gb2rs"   ; plays the file

There is an almost identical script for the ARNewsline which plays out in
the evening.

If there is an incoming connection during the playback, Alisson announces
the incoming connection, and thats the end of the playback. I think that you
could be right about the connect message causing the problem.

Perhaps I should be playing the files a different way which would alleviate
the problem?

It would be nice though, to be able to script in something to prevent
incoming connections during this time. I'm not sure how to script something
that would comment out the line in extensions.conf - I'll have to look into
how to do that but it certainly looks like that will achieve whats needed.

Thanks everyone for the help so far.

Best wishes,

Matt
G4RKY
( currently listening to the latest Newsline :-) )