[App_rpt-users] How to prevent incoming connections

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Sun Jun 7 20:38:42 UTC 2009

Matt Beasant wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
> Thanks for the reply, here's how I play the news over the repeater.
>
> I record the files the night before and save them to the node as an .au
> file, then just use a root cron to call a bash script which contains the
> following:
>
> /usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "rpt fun 2250 *6"   ; disconnect all connections
> sleep 6
> /usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "rpt fun 2250 *947" ; reset the link activity timer
> flag
> sleep 3
> /usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "rpt playback 2250 gb2rs"   ; plays the file
>
> There is an almost identical script for the ARNewsline which plays out in
> the evening.
>
> If there is an incoming connection during the playback, Alisson announces
> the incoming connection, and thats the end of the playback. I think that you
> could be right about the connect message causing the problem.
>
> Perhaps I should be playing the files a different way which would alleviate
> the problem?
>
> It would be nice though, to be able to script in something to prevent
> incoming connections during this time. I'm not sure how to script something
> that would comment out the line in extensions.conf - I'll have to look into
> how to do that but it certainly looks like that will achieve whats needed.
>
> Thanks everyone for the help so far.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Matt
> G4RKY
> ( currently listening to the latest Newsline :-) )
>
> 2009/6/7 Stephen Rodgers <sales at qrvc.com>
>
>> Matt Beasant wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> When I play the GB2RS news and ARnewsline audio files over my node, the
>>> playback is killed off by an incoming connection.
>>>
>>> How can I prevent an incoming connection during this time?
>>>
>>> I thought I could disable the node but of course this kills the Tx
>>> completely!
>>>
>>> Didnt want to do anything as drastic as take down ETH0 if I could help it
>> as
>>> the node is on a remote hilltop.
>>>
>>> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Matt
>>> G4RKY

>> Matt,
>>
>> How are you playing these audio files? In other words, what do you do to
>>  get the audio files to play?
>>
>> I'm wondering if the connect message is the real culprit here.
>>
>> LNKDIS only disables the linking functions it does not prevent incoming
>> connections from being accepted. Currently, the best way to do this is
>> to edit extensions.conf and comment our Rpt application like this:
>>
>> [radio-secure]
>> ;exten = 2010,1,rpt,2010
>>
>> It seems strange to me that the audio file is being killed off and
>> I'd like to try out how you are playing files here to understand the
>> mechanism.

> [...]

With app_rpt.c version 0.186 the message does not get interrupted if I
do a connect in the middle of it while it is playing. I hear the connect
message after the audio file finishes playing.

So either app_rpt.c version 0.186 has resolved the issue, or there is a
missing piece of stimulus required to duplicate this issue.

What version of app_rpt.c are you using? (*82 should tell you if you
didn't change the function).

Steve
WA6ZFT