[App_rpt-users] Retrieving Node Information

David Osborn david.osborn at manx.net
Sun Jun 21 09:30:42 UTC 2009

Hello All.

I am fairly new to AllStar but I now have got two nodes on the air (2480 &
2481), but not without a lot of help from Jim Dixon and Matt Beasant. Thank
you both.

I was wondering if I could retrieve the same status information that is
posted to the stats.allstarlink.org database for my own use on another web
site. I am thinking here of our repeater group page, where it would be
useful to have up-to-the-minute node status data.

Any suggestions as to how I might achieve this?

Also, I see from /var/log/asterisk/messages that useful data is collected
concerning EchoLink connections (amongst other stuff). I would like to parse
out this information, again for posting on the website, but as I am not too
well acquainted with the likes of grep, sed, awk and other tools, I'd be
glad of some pointers - even a suggestion for a web-based tutorial on log
file mangling would be good.

Oh, one last thing. Can you guys advise on what console commands are
available for checking Asterisk and app_rpt versions, so I can check where I
am up to?

Thanks.

David Osborn

GD4HOZ