[App_rpt-users] Retrieving Node Information

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Sun Jun 21 17:40:54 UTC 2009

David Osborn wrote:
> Hello All.
>

> I am fairly new to AllStar but I now have got two nodes on the air (2480 &
> 2481), but not without a lot of help from Jim Dixon and Matt Beasant. Thank
> you both.
>

> I was wondering if I could retrieve the same status information that is
> posted to the stats.allstarlink.org database for my own use on another web
> site. I am thinking here of our repeater group page, where it would be
> useful to have up-to-the-minute node status data.
>

> Any suggestions as to how I might achieve this?
>

> Also, I see from /var/log/asterisk/messages that useful data is collected
> concerning EchoLink connections (amongst other stuff). I would like to parse
> out this information, again for posting on the website, but as I am not too
> well acquainted with the likes of grep, sed, awk and other tools, I'd be
> glad of some pointers - even a suggestion for a web-based tutorial on log
> file mangling would be good.
>

> Oh, one last thing. Can you guys advise on what console commands are
> available for checking Asterisk and app_rpt versions, so I can check where I
> am up to?
>

> Thanks.
>

> David Osborn
>
> GD4HOZ

The status information is sent to allstarlink.org using a wget commend.
If you want, you could replace the wget with a bash script, and send the
information to two destinations using two different wgets in the script.
This "splitter" script is something I'm going to code up soon.

We wrote some custom php code to receive the wget request and record the
information into a database which is then accessed when you visit stats.
allstarlink.org. A lot of static information also comes over the net
from the main allstarlink database. This would have to be supplied
locally in your case. This code is a hack. It is not able to be released
because of the potential support burden it would require from us.

Another approach would be to write a CGI to scrape the relevant
information from stats.allstarlink.org, and only display your nodes
on your club website. A better follow-on approach would be to make all
of the data available as a web service from stats.allstarlink.org as an
XML request, but that is a whole new project in and of itself. Note: You
won't get the fancy graphical node diagram doing this you would have to
cobble that together from the selected data you retrieved.

Regarding the use of sed, awk and friends on log files, please google
for this, there's plenty of information out there.

You can send DTMF commands from the Asterisk console using
the rpt fun command like this:

rpt fun 2480 *82

The above command will read back the app_rpt.c version number over the
node's transmitter.

Steve
WA6ZFT