[App_rpt-users] Location of source code for usbradio.c and xpmr bits please ?

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Tue Jun 30 13:28:46 UTC 2009

Steve/group,
     With all that being said (asterisk forked), what could we strip out and
still have core functionality strictly from the radio and allstar network
access aspect? My app_rpt install is solely for this project alone, I
entertained the idea of turning it into a full fledged PBX, but your right
it can cause problems and I think I am better off with a stand alone install
for that.

I'm not sure how much interest or what level of work an undertaking like
that would take, but to have a slimmed down Asterisk version specifically
for this project would be a great idea.

73
Stephen
K1LNX

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 5:10 PM, <hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com> wrote:

> > From: MW0CQU <MW0CQU at ntlworld.com>
> > Date: 2009/06/29 Mon PM 12:03:39 PDT
> > To: App_rpt-users at qrvc.com
> > Subject: [App_rpt-users] Location of source code for usbradio.c and xpmr
> >       bits please ?
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I started adding app_rpt into an asterisk system here at the end of last
> > year, then other things
> > kept me away from asterisk other than maintaining my home phone system !.
> >
> > Now I have a little more time (before the next calamity!) I thought I'd
> > pick up where I left off
> >
> > But I dont want a turnkey distro at this stage I have app_rpt.c and the
> > digium sources I just want to add
> > usbradio.c and the "xpmr" folder files onto my "development" asterisk
> > box for a "play".
> >
> > I looked over the site, and couldnt find a link,
> >
> > I googled around a lot and found the code in HTML  format  (with line
> > numbers)  but couldn't find the raw source.
> >
> > Where do I get these sources these days please ? I cant see a link to a
> > CVS tree either
> >
> > 73
> >
> > 'CQU
> >

> Your strategy is not advised. For two reasons.
>
> --one--
>
> The latest Digium sources are not compatible with app_rpt and the usb
> driver, Getting Digium to incorporate our changes to fix this has been next
> to impossible.
>
> Our solution was to use a patched copy of asterisk 1.4.23-pre and build our
> system off of that. Yes, we have technically forked Asterisk, but we had no
> choice.
>
> --two-
>
> Running a radio system and a phone system off of the same box is just
> asking for trouble. If the radio system goes down, so does your phone
> system. I learned this one the hard way a few years ago when my system was
> configured in this manner. I now run two separate servers to avoid getting
> complaints form family members when my experiments
> on the radio system go amok. Also, the phone system works much better with
> DTMF_RELAX configured to be disabled.
>
> The sources for the version of Asterisk with all necessary patches and the
> latest app_rpt.c and usb channel driver are available via SVN from the
> developers section of my site at
> http://app-rpt.qrvc.com
>

> Steve
> WA6ZFT