[App_rpt-users] Location of source code for usbradio.c and xpmr bits please ?

hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Mon Jun 29 21:10:18 UTC 2009

> From: MW0CQU <MW0CQU at ntlworld.com>
> Date: 2009/06/29 Mon PM 12:03:39 PDT
> To: App_rpt-users at qrvc.com
> Subject: [App_rpt-users] Location of source code for usbradio.c and xpmr
> 	bits please ?
>
> Hi all,
>
> I started adding app_rpt into an asterisk system here at the end of last
> year, then other things
> kept me away from asterisk other than maintaining my home phone system !.
>
> Now I have a little more time (before the next calamity!) I thought I'd
> pick up where I left off
>
> But I dont want a turnkey distro at this stage I have app_rpt.c and the
> digium sources I just want to add
> usbradio.c and the "xpmr" folder files onto my "development" asterisk
> box for a "play".
>
> I looked over the site, and couldnt find a link,
>
> I googled around a lot and found the code in HTML  format  (with line
> numbers)  but couldn't find the raw source.
>
> Where do I get these sources these days please ? I cant see a link to a
> CVS tree either
>
> 73
>
> 'CQU

Your strategy is not advised. For two reasons.

--one--

The latest Digium sources are not compatible with app_rpt and the usb driver, Getting Digium to incorporate our changes to fix this has been next to impossible.

Our solution was to use a patched copy of asterisk 1.4.23-pre and build our system off of that. Yes, we have technically forked Asterisk, but we had no choice.

--two-

Running a radio system and a phone system off of the same box is just asking for trouble. If the radio system goes down, so does your phone system. I learned this one the hard way a few years ago when my system was configured in this manner. I now run two separate servers to avoid getting complaints form family members when my experiments
on the radio system go amok. Also, the phone system works much better with DTMF_RELAX configured to be disabled.

The sources for the version of Asterisk with all necessary patches and the latest app_rpt.c and usb channel driver are available via SVN from the developers section of my site at
http://app-rpt.qrvc.com

Steve
WA6ZFT