[App_rpt-users] Testing request: app_rpt 0.181 and chan_irlp 0.26

Randy Hammock rhammock at ca.rr.com
Sun May 17 06:08:53 UTC 2009

Installed both app_rpt and chan_irlp updates on my LL install. See
comments below.

On May 16, 2009, at 4:07 PM, Stephen Rodgers wrote:

> New versions of app_rpt.c and chan_irlp.c are available from svn:
>

> app_rpt.c Version 0.181
> chan_irlp.c Version 0.26
>
> 1. Better control of IRLP connect and disconnect messages through
> config
> file options and DTMF commands, and added irlpplay CLI command
> to assist in queuing the messages one at a time.
>
> Attempt to resolve Mantis bug 0000003.
> New rpt.conf keywords for node stanza:
> irlpann={0,1} (0 = no irlp disconnect/connect massages, 1 = play irlp
> disonnect/connect messages)
>
> See source file for DTMF command usage.

I assume that this is used in the IRLP/AST node stanza of rpt.conf.
This version of chan_irlp seems to have broken my setup. Unable to
connect to other IRLP nodes. Going back to 0.25.

> 2. Better control of Echolink connect and disconnect messages through
> config file options and DTMF commands
>
> Attempt to resolve Mantis bug 0000002.
>
> New rpt.conf keywords for node stanza:
> eannmode=(1,2,3} (1 = say node number only , 2 = say callsign only,
> 3 =
> say node and callsign)
>
> See source file for DTMF command usage.

Not using chan_echolink.

> 3. Added feature to call an external program on connect and
> disconnect.
>
> New rpt.conf keywords for node stanza:
>
> connpgm=yourconnectprogram
> discpgm=yourdisconnectprogram
>
> Passes node which is processing the connect or disconnect as the first
> arg (us), and node which is being connected or disconnected as the
> second arg (them),
>
> Attempt to add Mantis feature request 0000007.

I assume that these are used in within the IRLP/AST stanza in rpt.conf
and can be used in a similar manner as the custom_on and custom_off
IRLP scripts. Have not tried doing anything with them yet.

> 4. Convert morse code sender to use ast_playtones_start so that the
> timing of the morse code characters is consistent.
>
> Attempt to resolve Mantis bug 0000005.

Morse is sounding good. Nice regular dots and dashes.

-- This message was NOT sent by an iPhone or Blackberry
Randy Hammock KC6HUR
http://kc6hur.net/~rhammock/
http://irlp.kc6hur.net/
If there are no horses in heaven, then when I die, I want to go where
they went.