[App_rpt-users] Testing request: app_rpt 0.181 and chan_irlp 0.26

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Sun May 17 16:53:28 UTC 2009

Randy Hammock wrote:
> Installed both app_rpt and chan_irlp updates on my LL install. See
> comments below.
>
> On May 16, 2009, at 4:07 PM, Stephen Rodgers wrote:
>
>> New versions of app_rpt.c and chan_irlp.c are available from svn:
>>

>> app_rpt.c Version 0.181
>> chan_irlp.c Version 0.26
>>
>> 1. Better control of IRLP connect and disconnect messages through
>> config
>> file options and DTMF commands, and added irlpplay CLI command
>> to assist in queuing the messages one at a time.
>>
>> Attempt to resolve Mantis bug 0000003.
>> New rpt.conf keywords for node stanza:
>> irlpann={0,1} (0 = no irlp disconnect/connect massages, 1 = play irlp
>> disonnect/connect messages)
>>
>> See source file for DTMF command usage.
>
> I assume that this is used in the IRLP/AST node stanza of rpt.conf.
> This version of chan_irlp seems to have broken my setup. Unable to
> connect to other IRLP nodes. Going back to 0.25.
>
>> 2. Better control of Echolink connect and disconnect messages through
>> config file options and DTMF commands
>>
>> Attempt to resolve Mantis bug 0000002.
>>
>> New rpt.conf keywords for node stanza:
>> eannmode=(1,2,3} (1 = say node number only , 2 = say callsign only,
>> 3 =
>> say node and callsign)
>>
>> See source file for DTMF command usage.
>
> Not using chan_echolink.
>
>> 3. Added feature to call an external program on connect and
>> disconnect.
>>
>> New rpt.conf keywords for node stanza:
>>
>> connpgm=yourconnectprogram
>> discpgm=yourdisconnectprogram
>>
>> Passes node which is processing the connect or disconnect as the first
>> arg (us), and node which is being connected or disconnected as the
>> second arg (them),
>>
>> Attempt to add Mantis feature request 0000007.
>
> I assume that these are used in within the IRLP/AST stanza in rpt.conf
> and can be used in a similar manner as the custom_on and custom_off
> IRLP scripts. Have not tried doing anything with them yet.
>
>> 4. Convert morse code sender to use ast_playtones_start so that the
>> timing of the morse code characters is consistent.
>>
>> Attempt to resolve Mantis bug 0000005.
>
> Morse is sounding good. Nice regular dots and dashes.
>
> -- This message was NOT sent by an iPhone or Blackberry
> Randy Hammock KC6HUR
> http://kc6hur.net/~rhammock/
> http://irlp.kc6hur.net/
> If there are no horses in heaven, then when I die, I want to go where
> they went.

There's only a one line change between 0.25 and 0.26 having to do with
exp node management through the CLI. It's unlikely that it could have
broken the normal IRLP connectivity. Suggestions: Try to "light-switch"
the problem by repeatedly loading versions 0.25 and 0.26 repeatedly to
ensure it follows version 0.26. 2. If if always fails in version 0.26,
issue "rpt debug level 5" from the Asterisk CLI and then please post the
output from the Asterisk CLI, after a connect attempt.

Steve
WA6ZFT