[App_rpt-users] re SSH time out

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Wed May 27 19:09:12 UTC 2009

Jon Rorke wrote:
> Hi guys, I have noticed if I  SSh into an Allstar node and leave it
> connected with no activity that eventually it will time out.
>
> Other nodes dont seem to do this.
>
> Is there a setting that governs this? and how does one set it to not
> time out if I want to monitor a remote node from the cli?

<-- Hi Jon;  in sshd_config, set the following (it is commented out by
default)...

ClientAliveInterval x
ClientAliveCountMax y

where x and y are your variables - timeout interval is governed by x
seconds * y

You will need to restart sshd - be careful, since you don't want to lock
yourself out!

service sshd restart

TTYL!

R.