[App_rpt-users] Autopatch problems

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Thu Nov 12 15:22:02 UTC 2009

I started playing with the autopatch and reverse autopatch functions
lastnight and ran into some problems.

My setup consists of two seperate boxes, one is running app_rpt/radio only,
and I have an Asterisk 1.6/FreePBX install as my home PBX. My ultimate goal
is to direct all outgoing autopatch calls to the PBX box and then on to my
provider, and have phone control of the radio from it as well.

I can't quite put a finger on the best way to accomplish this, but one of
the problems I'm having is with the reverse autopatch, for starters.

I have this in sip.conf in the app_rpt box:

[k1lnx]
type=user
context=radiocontrol
secret=mypassword
host=dynamic
allow=gsm
transfer=no

This is in the PBX box in /etc/asterisk/sip_registrations_custom.conf:
register => k1lnx:mypassword at 192.168.1.1/k1lnx

When I issue a SIP reload on both boxes, I can not reg for whatever reason:
(FreePBX box)
[Nov 12 10:17:02] WARNING[32096]: chan_sip.c:15790 handle_response_register:
Got 404 Not found on SIP register to service k1lnx at 192.168.1.1, giving up

(app_rpt box)
[Nov 12 10:17:02] NOTICE[23702]: chan_sip.c:15628 handle_request_register:
Registration from '<sip:k1lnx at 192.168.1.1 <sip%3Ak1lnx at 192.168.1.1>>' failed
for '192.168.1.15' - No matching peer found

It's highly possible I have some syntax wrong somewhere and I have not tried
pointing a softphone at the app_rpt box yet with these credentials to
eliminate the FreePBX box as the issue.

My thoughts are if I can get a SIP registration between both boxes I should
be able to accomplish autopatch/reverse autopatch very easily, unless there
is another easier or preferred method?

Thanks,
Stephen

--