[App_rpt-users] First experience with ACID app_rpt &usbradio audio popping problem.

George Csahanin george at dyb.com
Mon Nov 16 17:39:14 UTC 2009

Steve-

This sounds like it may be the same thing I was reporting, but I still
haven't found a way to get a recording of it.
http://mantis.qrvc.com/view.php?id=34

Steve Gladden wrote:
> Hi David.. it's not a terribly loud popping it's right with the normal
> audio
> levels
> It really sounds like 'holes' in the processing small abrupt dropouts of
> the
> stream..
> Very random in timing maybe 5-15 hits per minute when I key the radio with
> PL..
>
> Seems to more frequently happen on/around the CWID but still is happening
> very randomly.
>
> CPU utilization is ~10% while radio keyed producing PL and CWID..
> Have radio continuously keyed (no actual radio) and CDID beacon going
> every
> minute.
>
> 5-15 'dropouts' per minute.

This seems to describe what I see, but I don't classify it as a pop, but the
PL is interrupted and the mobile RX briefly mutes.

Take care

GeorgeC
W2DB

George J Csahanin