[App_rpt-users] ACID install issue anyone seen this before? anyone know the centos default root password?

Steve Gladden steve at michiganbroadband.com
Fri Nov 20 05:54:04 UTC 2009

Stephen Rodgers wrote:
> Steve Gladden wrote:

>>> Anyone seen this before? anyone know the Centos default root password?

>>> Or not... just tried installing ACID on two different *new* systems..
>>> On both systems it goes and does everything updates & all..
>>> I think it even compiles asterisk.. or sor sure at least starts into that process..
>>>
>>> There's some sort of 'error right before it goes to the login screen but goes by in less than 1/2 second..
>>> Hitting shit+pageup shows some scrollback but not the error..
>>>

>>> Whie instlling ACID It goes straight to a login screen right after install and never EVER prompts for anything at all..
>>> Anyone know the default root password on ACID if the install is doing this?
>>>

>>> Strange this happened a few days ago on one of the slower test systems...
>>> My only choice was to reboot and start all over again..
>>> and it worked the 2nd time..
>>>
>>> Just tried 4 times here and each time it seems to do everything including all of the updates (centos)..
>>> then just goes to a login prompt.. (I'm positive it's re formatting the hard drive during the install.
>>> I've also tried other install media..
>>>
>>> rebooting just comes back to login again.. it somehow installed having not prompted for anything and it set a root password.
>>>
>>> Tried two computers total of 5 times this evening same result.
>>> It's almost as if some web resource is down and the install is bailing and doing some other default action along with setting up
>>> a password for root on it's own.
>>>
>>> everything seems to install and just goes to a login prompt never having asked for anything like it normally does
>>> where it asks for your node number/pass and callsign.
>>>
>>> Centos's LiveCD root password 12qwaszx does not work.
>>>

>>> Thanks!!
>>> Steve
>>>

>> I feel like a dork but I'm going to go attempt the install (again) but
>> with a video camera trained on the screen
>>  so I can catch that 1/4 to 1/2 second or error on the screen before it
>> jumpts to a login prompt.
>>

> The default password should be 'setup' and there is a log
> of the install in /root/acid/acid-install.log.
>
> Steve
> WA6ZFT

Excellent thanks Steve!
I should be able to fix it from here.
For some reason all my install attempts today are doing this..
Don't know if its due to a kernel update during the install or a down
resource.
I'll be moving away from ACID and doing my own manual install/build
soon  but I'm still just getting into this and could sure use that
crutch if it's there ;-)

Steve

believed to be clean.