[App_rpt-users] Fwd: Re: ACID install issue anyone seen this before? anyone know the centos default root password?

Stephen Rodgers hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Sat Nov 21 02:13:27 UTC 2009

Steve Gladden wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Nov 2009, hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com wrote:
>

>>> From: David McGough <kb4fxc at inttek.net>
>>> Date: 2009/11/20 Fri PM 12:33:29 PST
>>> To: Steve Gladden <steve at michiganbroadband.com>
>>> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] Fwd: Re: ACID install issue anyone seen
>>> this
>>>  before? anyone know the centos default root password?
>>>

>>> On Fri, 20 Nov 2009, Steve Gladden wrote:
>>> <snip>

>>> Hi Steve,
>>>
>>> Yes, I had the same problem that the kernel source code wasn't installed
>>> when I did an ACID install a few months ago. But, this is easy to fix.
>>> From a root prompt, just install the package using yum....A command
>>> like:
>>>
>>>         yum install kernel-PAE-devel.i686
>>>
>>> Also, I'll upload my "cooked" 2.6.30.5 kernel tonight and send you a
>>> link.
>>> It should be easy enough to install...
>>>
>>> BTW, I seem to remember needing some other packages, too....But, I don't
>>> recall which at the moment.
>>>

>>> 73, David kb4fxc
>>>

>> I'm still at work, so I have to make this brief.
>>
>> It would be nice to know if a 'yum install kernel-PAE-devel'
>> allows phase2.sh to run to completion successfully.
>>

>> Steve
>> WA6ZFT
>>

> Steve.. it certainly does work (manually using yum to grab the changed
> source).
>
> Brought it up on the Quad core Intel system New (NVidia Motherboard).
>
> It's working... and just like you said.. still audio dropouts here & there.
> All of the 4 cores is at less than 1% utilization.
> I'm pretty sure asterisk only uses one core.
>
> :-)

Let's stay focused on the install failure as the audio dropout issue will require input from Jim Dixon, or Steve Henke.
I'm not familiar with the chan_usbradio/xpmr channel driver workings.

I just did a fresh acid install and it did not select the PAE (Physical Address Extension) kernel and the install
completed without any intervention required. `uname -r` issued installed after install is complete shows it is not a PAE
kernel.

I need to find a sure-fire way to detect the selection of a PAE kernel to use to select the kernel-PAE-devel or
kernel-devel RPM during the execution of phase1.sh. When you do a uname -r | grep PAE, immediately after a failed
install, are the characters PAE printed? If so, I could possibly use `uname -r | grep PAE` to detect when the PAE kernel
gets selected at install. Note that this will require you to do yet another install!

Steve
WA6ZFT