[App_rpt-users] Fwd: Re: ACID install issue anyone seen this before? anyone know the centos default root password?

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sat Nov 21 02:50:40 UTC 2009

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009, Stephen Rodgers wrote:

<snip>
> > Steve.. it certainly does work (manually using yum to grab the changed
> > source).
> >
> > Brought it up on the Quad core Intel system New (NVidia Motherboard).
> >
> > It's working... and just like you said.. still audio dropouts here & there.
> > All of the 4 cores is at less than 1% utilization.
> > I'm pretty sure asterisk only uses one core.
> >
> > :-)
> >

> Let's stay focused on the install failure as the audio dropout issue will require input from Jim Dixon, or Steve Henke.
> I'm not familiar with the chan_usbradio/xpmr channel driver workings.
>
> I just did a fresh acid install and it did not select the PAE (Physical Address Extension) kernel and the install
> completed without any intervention required. `uname -r` issued installed after install is complete shows it is not a PAE
> kernel.
>
> I need to find a sure-fire way to detect the selection of a PAE kernel to use to select the kernel-PAE-devel or
> kernel-devel RPM during the execution of phase1.sh. When you do a uname -r | grep PAE, immediately after a failed
> install, are the characters PAE printed? If so, I could possibly use `uname -r | grep PAE` to detect when the PAE kernel
> gets selected at install. Note that this will require you to do yet another install!
>
> Steve
> WA6ZFT

Hi Steve,

A command like: "cat /proc/version" will tell you exactly which kernel is
running. And, other interesting info about the system can be obtained with
a "cat /proc/cpuinfo" ...Then, as you suggest above, use grep, etc., to
filter for specifics.....Of course, I guess "uname -r"  works, too.

73, David kb4fxc