[App_rpt-users] playback command

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Mon Nov 23 14:51:24 UTC 2009

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) wrote:
> Matt Beasant wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have been going nuts trying to remember the syntax for this and I am
>> hoping someone here can put me straight!
>>
>> 96=playback 2514 ,hello-world
>>
> <-- Hi Matt; try this...
>
> 96=playback 2514,rpt/hello-world
>

> Note that 'playback' will play the file globally, so all nodes connected
> to 2514 will hear the announcement (use with caution!).
>
> In the above example, the 'hello-world' file is located in the following
> dir:
>
> /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/rpt
>

> HTH - and I look forward to the news about the 220 gear!
>
> Ramesh.

This is how it's used:

; Playback messages
931000=playback,rpt/sitenorm            ; site normal message
931001=playback,rpt/alllinksdisconnected; all links disconnected
931002=playback,rpt/alllinksrestored    ; all links restored

Please not that playback is semi-broken in that it only plays back locally.
This is logged in mantis.

Steve
WA6ZFT