[App_rpt-users] Default *2<node#> MONITOR mode is not just monitor to far end.

Steve Gladden steve at michiganbroadband.com
Sun Nov 29 01:23:49 UTC 2009

Have a node setup (repeater) with usbradio..
Using mostly default setup.
at the moment I have rx /repeater setup for carrier access (no ctcss)

Been testing this and the far end nodes report that they get get
repeater tones & hang time from me if I try to just 'monitor' them using
the *2
monitor functionality..

*3 works as expected but when I try to use *2 I'm getting those
unexpected results and the far end is experiencing some grief/confusion.

Am I misunderstanding how this should work?
Or are there any common gotchyas where you'd think you're just
monitoring but it's doing more than that?
Sorry this is a bit vague.. I probably need to bring up another note and
test this and report step by step what's happening.

Thanks

Steve

believed to be clean.