[App_rpt-users] Default *2<node#> MONITOR mode is not just monitor to far end.

RED BUTTON MOBILE jrorke at cogeco.ca
Sun Nov 29 13:37:15 UTC 2009

Hi all. I can provide a little more info on this as it was one of our
nodes that was the "foreign node".
Ok I believe he connected to node 2357 which is currently running 0.192
App_Rpt. I do believe it does send the newkey commands. Dont know it
this classifies as a "really old node"or not.

Anyway we were receiving a repeater tail from his node after every
transmission at our end.
Since he connected in rx mode we did not get any announcement that he
connected.

Steve ZFT:  Is there an easy way to upgrade these nodes without having
to go to the sites?

A while back I tried the astupdate thing and it told me the version was
too old and I had to do a reinstall.
This would mean a trip to the sites some of which are a few hours of
driving.

I would like to be up to date to be in sync with everyone.

Jon VA3RQ