[App_rpt-users] Greetings and looking for app_rpt getting started information

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Sat Oct 17 19:24:36 UTC 2009

Steve Gladden wrote:
> Hello my name is Steve and I am in Ann Arbor Michigan (USA)
> Thanks for providing this list and a nice website with useful information
> regarding allstar & app_rpt.
>

> I am looking for some basic getting started information that I have been
> unable to find from casually searching the web and websites that I know
> of.
>
> I'd really like to get started with app_rpt and a usb dongle (of which I
> have a box full with the proper cmedia chip.
>
> I am an asterisk/Linux/kernel veteran and am very comfortable configuring
> and building these types of systems.
>
> The specific getting started questions that I have but have been unable to
> find in any FAQ or FAQ lookalike are:
>
> 1. What are the app_rpt specific dependencies?
>    a. does it need zaptel/dahdi/libpri? and which ones?
>    b. does it work in asteirsk 1.6 latest stable?
>    c. does it work directly to the usb dongle or does the
>       usb dongle need some sort of driver of it's own..
>       be it oss/alsa or the like?
>
> 2. I am trying to build asterisk 1.6.1 using make menuconfig
>    and under apps --> app_rpt I only get [XXX]
>    it's unavailable and I can't build for it.
>    apparently I'm missing some dependency but have no clue which as
>    there seems to be no documented dependency list I could find..
>    Asterisk builds and works jut fine without app_rpt.
>
> I'd also like to register for an ID number on the allstar network..
> If that is done via this mailing list (I still have to read more on that)
> Please sign me up.
>
> Steve Gladden --> callsign N8LBV
>
> THANKS.

> Michigan Broadband Systems Inc.
> "Always Connected"
>
> (734)527-7150
>
> Steve's cellphone: (734)904-1811

Have you looked around on http://app-rpt.qrvc.com?

We don't support asterisk 1.6.x yet. In fact, we've had to fork asterisk
1.4 and oust our own sources because our changes have been next to
impossible to get into the asterisk main development source tree. This
may change in the future, but its hard  to say when. Our svn server
access is documented on our website at http://app-rpt.qrvc.com.

The USB fob requires zaptel ztdummy, libpri, and uses
chan_usbradio.c/xpmr as its driver. It also requires the alsa library
with alsa oss compatiblity add-on, and support in the kernel. I would
suggest you download and use our sources as we have  made some mods to
the asterisk core.

My suggestion would be to download ACID from dl.allstarlink.org and get
that running, then take a look at that as a model to get your
custom-built system going.

Steve
WA6ZFT