[App_rpt-users] Greetings and looking for app_rpt getting started information

Steve Gladden steve at michiganbroadband.com
Sun Oct 18 01:49:02 UTC 2009

 >>Have you looked around on http://app-rpt.qrvc.com?

Absolutely..
Spent a couple of hours there and am finding it very helpful..
This is where the sign up instructions for this mailing list were found.
+ I saw ACID as an alternative solution to getting something up &
running soon.

>We don't support asterisk 1.6.x yet. In fact, we've had to fork asterisk
>1.4 and oust our own sources because our changes have been next to
>impossible to get into the asterisk main development source tree. This
>may change in the future, but its hard  to say when. Our svn server
>access is documented on our website at http://app-rpt.qrvc.com.

Excellent this is what I needed to know and was having some difficulty
finding.
I had no clue and I don't think it's spelled out anywhere that this
stuff is not
working or supported by anyone on 1.6.x yet.. or maybe I'm confused..
Far as I can tell not only is it not supported by this group on 1.6 but
it also
does not work there.. from what I could see first hand.

Fair enough 'ol 1.4 it is for now then (the system that I know well
anyway)..
This project *was* going to be my first venture into 1.6 territory but
not now then.
Also I will as you suggest start out with ACID and use that as a
start/reference point
to go on and make some custom builds to follow.

Bummer to hear that about getting your updates back into the main..
I've heard it's been really 'strange' over there lately..
And I'm not really up on all the changes other than what I've heard on
the surface.
Heck even the free music on hold 'went South' so to speak.
Thanks for getting back to me so soon.. and thanks for all of the hard
work..
I'm looking forward to a lot of fun with this!

Steve

believed to be clean.