[App_rpt-users] Node segfaulting help please

hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Mon Oct 19 23:18:32 UTC 2009

> From: Matt Beasant <g4rky at yahoo.co.uk>
> Date: 2009/10/19 Mon PM 03:48:29 PDT
> Subject: [App_rpt-users] Node segfaulting help please
>
> Hi all,
> I was wondering where the scripts for updating, taking down and bringing up
> App_rpt are hiding on the new install.
>
> I built a new node recently ( well quite a few ) and I have two of them that
> segfault when I try to run the "radio tune rxvoice" routine.
>
> I was going to try and reinstall remotely - is there any way of running the
> installation phase scripts remotely?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help received,
>
> Matt
> G4RKY

phase1.sh and phase2.sh cannot be run remotely. They are only part of the install process. astupd.sh is the script
you want to run, but if your system(s) are not ACID version 0.9 then you'll have to re-install from scratch. The script will refuse to do an update if the versions don't match.

The helper scripts are located in:
/usr/local/sbin and that should be part of the path.

If it still segfaults after installing ACID 0.9, then you might want to compare configs against working and non-working nodes to see what usbradio setting(s) is causing the problem. There could be an unreported bug in chan_usbradio.c

Steve
WA6ZFT