[App_rpt-users] Echolink / IRLP all node disconnect

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Thu Sep 24 18:18:11 UTC 2009

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009, Stephen Rodgers wrote:

<snip>

> Here's a way it could possibly be done without changing any C source code...
>
> <Rube_Golberg_mode = on>
>
> 1. Use the autopatch to invoke a context in extensions.conf
> 2. Use the system command in the context to call a script
> 3. Have the script do an asterisk -rx rpt nodes xxxx and parse the
> output for nodes beginning with a 3 or 4. (After throwing out the
> leading R.C, or T)
> 4. Have the script send disconnect commands for each matching node:
> asterisk -rx rpt fun *1node
> 5. Exit the script
>
> <Rube_Golberg_mode = off>
>

> You may run in to some snags. I haven't tried this myself it's just an idea.
>
> Steve
> WA6ZFT

Hey! That's an intereting idea! I just tried tests from the command line
and I think it'll work GREAT! ...I'll put together a script and report
back.

This kind of scripted approach would be very very useful for remote base
controls, too, IMO---Rather than hacking on app_rpt.c to add an another
radio type or features, etc....Then, hooking in a "do it all" library (eg:
hamlib) would be painless--AND, it would be a completely separate module
that doesn't introduce show-stopping bugs or have to be directly
maintained as part of the app_rpt codebase.

The reason I bring this up is that I'm very successfully using an Icom
M-710 radio for HF remote base. But, it uses NMEA-0183 control sentences.
And, right now I have to hack, hack everytime I upgrade app_rpt.c...
Separate scripts/modules would be SOOOO much easier! ....And Ole Rube
would be prowd, too!

73, David kb4fxc