[App_rpt-users] Echolink / IRLP all node disconnect

Eric Tichansky no3m at no3m.net
Thu Sep 24 18:47:32 UTC 2009

app_rpt is quite flexible like that.

Using a completely silent autopatch call, coupled w/ dialplan + a couple
bash scripts allows us to change almost every node stanza parameter, cw
attributes, and build new courtesy tones in rpt.conf as well as
zaptel.conf parameters using just DTMF over the air, with changes
activated in realtime.  We've even implemented a 100 slot "DVR" using
silent autopatch for playback, record, delete.  The messages can then be
used as tail messages, which, again, are added/removed from a silent
autopatch -> script tail messages  parameter "editor" using over-the-air
DTMF commands.  There is also a "command mode lock and unlock" function
to avoid unauthorized use of the above.  Just a simple Asterisk DB entry
that is toggled by a command + security code, and checked prior to every
command call.

We may eventually consider mashing together a distributable AGI script
to eliminate the dialplan ugliness.

There's quite a lot of flexibility and functionality that can be
squeezed out of app_rpt if you don't mind getting dirty.

73 - eric - no3m