[App_rpt-users] Packet Modes and USB Interface

John (WB5NFC) wb5nfc at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 27 19:06:58 UTC 2009

Is anyone in the group using an Icom IC-207 as a node radio? I recently purchased one at a bargain price at a local hamfest. The radio has a data plug for packet operation and is menu-selectable for either 9600 bps or 1200 bps. 9600 bps has two modes, G3RUH or GMSK. Other than pinouts, the owner's manual is little help. I've never messed with packet...

For best audio quality and reliability, what settings are most appropriate?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

John / WB5NFC