[App_rpt-users] Atom

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Tue Aug 3 15:26:04 UTC 2010

I imagine that the thermal problems with Atom are mostly in fan-less installations.

I did some measurements last night.  With the two little fans running in the Morex 5677, the hottest hot spot in the air discharge is 18 degrees warmer than the room air (72 F in and 85-90 F out).

This is with the D510mo running ACID and two fobs in operation. Total power into the box measures 19.5 watts including power supply losses.

So - the heat sink is being exposed to air that averages about 9 degrees warmer than room temperature, at the nominal operating conditions.

Except for the output grill, the box feels cool to the touch. I think this should be quite a happy arrangement.

I will try to install lm-sensor / coretemp, or whatever, and see what the CPU reports as its internal operating temperature ...

Ken

PS - Stopping Asterisk reduces power consumption by 0.65 watts.