[App_rpt-users] A few questions about migrating old nodes

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Wed Aug 18 04:35:25 UTC 2010

REDBUTTON_CTRL wrote:
> I have a couple of questions on old node migration.
>
> 1) I have a box in London that has 2 nodes on it.
>
> I have created a server for this box and attached the 2 nodes to it:
> 2379 and 2416.
> On the stats page it shows both nodes in London, the location I assigned
> the server.
> I would like the 2379 node to show a different location.
> How can I get it to show this?

With the current website software, once a migration node is assigned to a server it can't be moved by a sysop. This will
eventually be fixed, but for now, only Jim WB6NIL can move a node to another server as it has to be done with database
SQL commands. I can't do this for you as I'm not cognizant of the structure of the underlying database. Please send am
off-list message to WB6NIL requesting the node be moved from one server to another.

For now its very helpful that you figure out in advance which server you want to assign the node to when doing a migration.

> Should I have set up a separate server for each node and set the
> location I want to be displayed?
> If this is the way to do that then how do I remove a node from the
> server I setup?
>
> 2) At another site I have a box with 3 nodes, 2357, 27185 and 1801 a
> private node.
>
> When I make the server for this box do I need to attach the private node
> as well as the other 2 nodes?
> can I leave it off?

The website software does not concern itself with private nodes. In this
case it is better to set this server up as register only unless you are an advanced asterisk user.
When you migrate the other two nodes, that server will be set to register only by default.