[App_rpt-users] Asterisk on Xen DomU?

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at vkradio.com
Wed Aug 18 09:17:08 UTC 2010

I've been trying to install Asterisk/AllStar on my existing X
server.  The purpose of this is to create a conference bridge, and
eventually link it to an existing IRLP/Echolink conference.

In time, I hope to run multiple conferences on the server and provide
AllStar support for a few conferences.

Anyway, I have one show stopping problem and some queries.

The show stopper is ztdummy.  When I attempt to load it, it causes a
kernel panic.  The "known issues" so far discovered date back to
2007.  Anyone able to unearth any more on this issue?

The queries are to do with how I link to the IRLP/Echolink
reflector.  chan_echolink would be the obvious choice, but to make
this work, I would have to bind the Echolink ports to a single IP, so
they don't conflict with Echolink on other IPs on the same
system.  Is this possible?

chan_irlp would probably be more problematic, and again it would need
to be bound to a specific IP.

It would be nice to have some sort of "raw" Speak Freely, RTP or
Echolink support, to allow "off grid" links, like I use with
thebridge and thelinkbox.  I suspect that would require a new channel driver.

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com