[App_rpt-users] Process death!

David Osborn david.osborn at manx.net
Thu Aug 19 18:08:19 UTC 2010

Hi All,

Can anyone shed any light on what might have happened here?

[Aug 19 18:43:55] ERROR[2728] chan_usbradio.c: HID process has died or
something!!
[Aug 19 18:43:56] WARNING[2713] app_rpt.c: rpt_thread restarted on node 2481
[Aug 19 18:43:56] WARNING[17714] chan_usbradio.c: Loaded parameters from
usbradio_tune_usb2481.conf for device usb2481 .
[root at Bride asterisk]#

I was alerted to it by a node re-connection announcement (nodes are linked
using ilink,13 - permanent connection).

I confess that the Asterisk apps might be running on an underpowered machine
but that same machine has been in use for over a year on an older version of
app_rpt. This problem has only become apparent since I installed the latest
and greatest ISO the other day. Perhaps the new features are making things
work a little harder than previously. Time for a replacement machine
perhaps.

BTW, I l-o-v-e the error message "... has died or something" :-)

Inspirations anyone?

David Osborn

GD4HOZ