[App_rpt-users] I *think* I did the node migration properly..

Steve Gladden steve at michiganbroadband.com
Tue Aug 24 19:35:06 UTC 2010

I'm pretty sure I moved my old node (2586) to the new system per all of
the great instructions but am a little confused with the new web status
reports to do with nodes.
My node is still registering successfully.

In the new interface under Network and "all online nodes"
I see many nodes but not my own (2586).

However if I click on Network\System-Wide Node List
It shows up in that list just fine (database query/report takes ~60
seconds) just as a side note I'm sure you've noticed that.

If I try Network\Node status\Node 2586

I get a single line pof text output that shows the time and "node number
status of [surrounding node 2586]" that does not change whether the node
is registered into the system or not.

I realize thes features of the site might not be fully implemented yet.
But I'm also not exactly sure what to look for to confirm my migration
of the old node to the new system was successful and 100% complete.

I had planned to keep this a manual configured node..
But may be the only way to test the system is to let the system configure
the node (by setting it up this way) and letting the system configure it
and then switch it back to manual config later.

Thanks!!
Very cool new site & system concept!
The separate server and node organizational units may be a little
confusing at first but far as I can tell is laying the framework for
a very cool & exciting future for app_rpt and allstart link network!

I'd love to see it in the future if this were to take a direction where I
could have one "server" entity manage multiple "node" entities within my
own private WAN where the server reports all of the details back to
allstar link..
And the node boxes themselves would not have to have any knowledge of the
actual Internet or allstar link in order to work.
I may be getting may ahead of myself there on that one.
But I am curious if this is where it is headed.

Steve

-Steve

Steve

Michigan Broadband Systems Inc.