[App_rpt-users] aux voice obscure facts

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Wed Aug 25 00:15:30 UTC 2010

I recently changed to using the direct modulator input of the radio for both
audio and CTCSS.

Formerly, the right channel had been CTCSS only - I just changed the config
to:

txmixb=composite

Then to kill the signal on the left channel, I set

txmixa=no

With this setting, however, I found that I could not connect from my other
node:

app_rpt.c:20498 rpt_exec: Connect attempt to node 27021 with tx disabled or
NOICE cop function active

Setting       txmixa=auxvoice     got it working again

The I figured I would just set

Radio tune auxvoice = 0 (or 10 or something low)

But it would not let me - it comes out to 700 no matter what value I enter.

(So I unplugged that channel).

Conclusion - possibly (?) two bugs :

1) Blocking a connection even though one transmit channel is open

2) No ability to adjust auxvoice level on right channel

Version 255

Ken