[App_rpt-users] The ID Bug

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Wed Aug 25 02:40:46 UTC 2010

Hi,

OK, I've been able to reliably reproduce the ID bug I mentioned earlier, along with the inability to start macros with A,B,C,D or 0. Briefly, what happens is that on prolonged transmissions, both the talkover ID and the regulr ID fire. This should make the thing happen:

1) Set your ID timer to 30000 (30 seconds) and the polite ID timer to 3000.
2) Restart asterisk, to be sure to get the first ID.
3) Key the repeater and let the first regular ID fire. Don't interrupt it. (I think you can if you want and still get the same results, but just let it run.)
4) After the repeater drops, key the radio. Stay keyed. The ID will actually take something longer than 33 seconds to come back around on the guitar. In any case, stay keyed until the ID plays.
5) You will hear the talkover ID. Stay keyed up, and you will then hear the regular ID play almost immediately after the talkover ID finishes.

Most people will probably see this condition only rarely. It's most prominent when playing news bulletins, although it just happened on a net. It is important to note that interrupting the regular ID does switch over to the talkover ID as expected, and the regular ID doesn't play in that case.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY