[App_rpt-users] iGoLogic 3386 boards

Jim Nessen nessenj at jimsoffice.org
Wed Dec 8 19:10:27 UTC 2010

Greetings,

Just a heads up to other iGoLogic owners, I have noticed that the batch of machines I purchased a few years ago are starting to fail.  I have gone through 5 motherboards (and the last 2 I own are now dead).  All the failures point to a possible motherboard/cpu issue.

The machine will start to boot, freeze up during post, and then freeze, other times, it will boot, begin to load linux and then freeze (and by freeze, I mean the machine will stay on, but the monitor will lose signal).  I am able to revive them after several reboots, but only to have them die again a day later.

I only know of one other board working, and it's a node that is not left on 24x7 (it runs for about 4 hours per day).

Anyways, just a heads up for other owners, beware of possible failures.

Jim, K6JWN