[App_rpt-users] re acid install from usb drive

REDBUTTON_CTRL jrorke at cogeco.ca
Sat Dec 11 17:33:53 UTC 2010

Hi All has anyone been able to install a node from a usb drive ?
I tried to install on a new box from a external usb dvd drive. The
computer would boot from the usb port ok but the install reported it
couldnt find the kickstart cfg on the local cd rom but the computer
doesn't have a local cd rom.

I'm assuming its looking for those files from the local cd rom but not
the usb drive cd rom.
Perhaps the iso needs to be modified to point to the proper location of
the kickstart files for usb drives?

I also tried booting from a USB stick. I loaded the iso with an app
called "Unetbootin".
It too seemed to boot ok from usb and got to the same place with the
same error looking for the kickstart.cfg.
Perhaps the same problem.

Anybody know how to make this work?

Would be nice to be able to boot from a USB drive.

Thanks,

Jon VA3RQ