[App_rpt-users] Weather Script

David KE6UPI dshaw at ke6upi.com
Sun Dec 19 20:03:55 UTC 2010

I don't have the files with me. But look at playwx.conf and at the buttom
where it plays it for IRLP you would want to change that to something like
"asterisk -xr play filename". Then you might want to replay it 1-10 times so
you not miss anything.. Maybe copy it to the a voicemail box so you can call
it up again if you need.

Ok I have thought about this a lot. Its great that you want a weather script
to play the emergency alert. My thought is you are using the internet that
might go down in bad weather. Why not just use a Weather Alert Radio with
"SAME" and hard wire it in using a FOB. Then have asterisk on boot always
connect to the node. Or better yet, get someone to write a SAME code for
AllStarLink so you can use a Vhf radio. Then you can punch up a code and
hear the weather report if you want.

David