[App_rpt-users] Example of how to setup a sip phone for reverse autopatch

Keith Williamson hkwilliamson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 02:52:12 UTC 2010

Thought I'd share this thread with the list since it might be helpful to
someone trying to setup a local sip phone for reverse autopatch.

Bob and I went off the list when we first got started on this because I was
afraid the thread could get quite lengthy if we ran into the (almost)
inevitable problems. However, everything worked the first time through a
combination of luck on my part explaining things (blue moon) and Bob's
excellent ability to read, interpret, and follow my drivel.

Bob, if there were things I explained incorrectly below that you figured
your way around, please chime in so that the next unwary ham who tries this
will be forewarned. Also note that some of this is specific to Bob's SIP
phone but in looking through the manual for the phone, I found it to be
pretty typical of other SIP phones I've worked with. Finally, apologies for
the reverse ordering of the thread versus the way we normally (try) to order
thread (newest reply at bottom).

73's

Keith

KF7DRV